SPECIAL: "THE VIRUS: Trump, a timeline and context" Quotes and details about coronavirus (COVID-19)
I. Our Mission:
– Help a few people and organizations that serve a charitable, educational or humanitarian purpose.
– Produce and support research on diverse topics, usually with national public policy implications.
II. Our Research by Category:
III. Research in Alphabetical Order:
- 9/11 and related events: A searchable database in timeline format, of over 7,350 sourced quotes, covering events seemingly related to 9/11 such as oil, George W. Bush, Saddam Hussein, al Qaeda, our subsequent invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, torture, and much more.
- Barack Obama: Information and facts covering his birth, school, early years, and presidency, 1,292 pieces of legislation, 69 signing statements, 267 executive orders, 12 vetoes, 1,842 pardons and commutations, 1,180 proclamations, 635 memoranda, and 3,427 speeches and remarks – from 1/20/2009 through 1/19/2017.
- Benghazi: U.S. Government reports on Benghazi – A cover up by the left, the right’s red herring… or?
- The brains of Conservatives and Liberals are different: 20 peer-reviewed neuroscience studies show that liberals and conservatives process the same data differently.
- NEW Coronavirus: Timeline of Comments by Trump and Biden with Background and Context
- Donald Trump: A searchable database containing sourced quotes from and related to Donald Trump.
- George W. Bush: Information and facts covering his birth, school, early years, and presidency, 1,831 pieces of legislation, 168 signing statements, 289 executive orders, 12 vetoes, 193 pardons and commutations, 939 proclamations, 1,093 memoranda, and 4,184 speeches and remarks – 8 years from 1/20/2001 through 1/19/2009.
- Impeachment Overview: includes Senate vote on Articles of Impeachment against President Donald Trump on Feb. 5, 2020.
- The National Anthem & the NFL: Is the National Anthem a proper symbol of America or a symbol of its racist past?
- OceanInfo.org: Links to third-party sites covering global and regional scientific information on our oceans.
- Plastics, Pollution & Solutions: Recycling programs and solutions: Plastic pollution is a problem that affects the entire world, polluting both land and water. Updated information on current recycling issues, and organizations and technologies dedicated to solving plastics pollution.
- Second Amendment: Many pieces of the puzzle that make up our individual rights to arms.
- Special Investigations Involving U.S. Presidents and Their Admins Since 1973: A new report that compares special investigations involving Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Trump by total cost, per day cost, total time of investigations, and other data.
- The Three Richard A. Clarke National Scholarly Monograph Competitions: 2011, 2012 and 2013, covering the lesson learned from 9/11; effective, alternative means of preventing violent extremism; and are drone attacks moral or legal?
- The U.S./Cuban Embargo: A searchable database, in timeline format, containing over 600 sourced quotes about Cuba and the U.S. embargo of Cuba from government officials, journalists, authors and others.
- Was the ACA (Obamacare) Negotiated by the Democrats in Secret?: Some facts of the 427-day process of turning the ACA (Obamacare) into law, including final vote tallies, the “if you like your doctor” statements, the compromises, and the 19 taxes, penalties, fees, revenue enhancements, and deduction eliminations.
- Who funds the NRA? A look at who funds The National Rifle Association (NRA).
IV. Books We Support
- ACLU in the Supreme Court: This four-volume, 3,000 page work is the only compilation of the (estimated) 1,100 cases decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in which the ACLU was involved during the Union’s first 100 years, ending Jan. 19, 2020. Additionally, there is a small companion handbook containing all the facts and data in the four-volume set, except the handbook only has three (as examples) of the (estimated) 1,100 case overviews.
- Official Anti-Jewish Acts: This book’s goal is to find and list, with brief summaries in English (for now), all the Official Anti-Jewish Acts in the world from BC through the year 2000. (work in progress)
- Threats: Intimidation and its Discontents: by David P. Barash, to be published by Oxford University Press on October 1, 2020. This book examines a range of intimidation-based threats, ranging from its use in animals, through threats of punishment (especially execution) and of eternal torment in the afterlife — intended to intimidate people into behaving as desired, and especially focused on the most serious, dangerous, and ill-advised threat of all: that of nuclear deterrence.
- Trump University: The book’s goal is to take an in depth, nonpartisan look at Trump University, from its beginning to end. The author began his research as a nonpartisan looking at Trump University, determined to sort out the truth given the divergent stories about the enterprise given by Donald Trump and his critics. The author found Trump University’s original high-minded concept — online courses for entrepreneurs developed by Ivy League professors — quickly turned into a high-pressure, get-rich-quick-in-real-estate business with more than 7,000 dissatisfied students, many of them deeply in debt from Trump U. The story is largely gleaned from thousands of court documents that include Trump University’s internal records and emails, government investigations, affidavits, and depositions from former students and employees. (The work is complete, except for final edits and looking for a publisher.)
We look forward to your comments and criticisms of our work.
Steven (Steve) C. Markoff